Determining who is eligible for enrollment
If you’re regularly scheduled to work a minimum of 32 hours per pay period, excluding per-diem employees, you’re eligible to enroll in benefits. Eligible dependents may also be enrolled in applicable benefits.
Eligible dependents include:
- Legal spouses.
- Dependent children up to age 26 who are:
- Your natural, adopted, stepchildren or children under legal guardianship order.
- Living with you or not living with you.
- Married or unmarried.
- Disabled children of any age if the disability began prior to age 26.
- Domestic partners (same or opposite-sex partners) who are:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Living in the same household continuously for at least one year and will continue to do so throughout the full coverage period.
- In a serious, exclusive relationship that is intended to remain permanent.
- Not related in any way that would prohibit legal marriage.
- Not legally married or considered the domestic partner of someone else.
- Mentally competent to enter into a contract according to the laws of the state of Arizona.
- Financially interdependent for the common welfare of the household, or your domestic partner is chiefly dependent upon you for care and financial assistance.
NOTE: Both you and your domestic partner must sign an affidavit stating that you meet all of the above criteria. You must also show proof of qualification.
Qualifying events include changes related to:
- Birth or adoption of a child.
- Death of a dependent.
- Gaining or losing other insurance coverage.
- Adding or dropping a domestic partner.